Life is like a rechargeable battery, requiring career recharging, professional recharging, health recharging… from time to time, to maintain a high energy level.
Did this concept exist before the battery’s existence? Yes. And, we can learn it through a single character “脏”.
Ancestors used this “脏” to present human internal organs: Heart心脏, liver肝脏, spleen/stomach脾胃脏, lung肺脏, and kidney肾脏.
In ancient books, “脏” came from “藏”, which means the essence of the body, the hidden treasure and the deposit of life. They are like our body’s treasure boxes:
1. Heart: is the KING of internal organs, the foundation of life, and is in charge of the spiritual mind activities. Heart relates to emotions of joy and hatred. Hatred hurts the heart. Love heals hearts.
2. Liver: is the “traffic police of the human body”, stores blood, regulates the flow of Qi and mental emotions, has the greatest influence on human emotions. Pressure hurts the liver, but a soft temper indicates a healthy liver, a healthy body, and a happy life.
3. Spleen/stomach: is the key to the biochemistry of Qi and Blood, represents the foundation of a human’s acquired life. “Anxiety hurts the heart and lungs, depression hurts the stomach and intestines.”
4. Lung: as the great prime minister under the heart king and above all the cells, lungs balance, govern, and control the vitality of the body, is the first line of defense of our body. Sadness depresses lung Qi and laugh is the cheapest and effective way to praise the lungs.
5. Kidney: is the innate root and driving force of life; the innate foundation of the human body, warms, moisturizes, nourishes, and stimulates the internal organs. Panic/fear damage kidneys; calmness gives strength in dealing with shocking situations.
Even more profoundly, and ironically, “脏” also has a meaning of “dirty”! “脏话”, the human dirty words, are the words from the internal organs, with “dirty” negative energies, a complex mix of hatred/anger/sadness/depression/panic, controlled by a blinded heart.
Interestingly, we discharge our energy during the daytime and we recharge when we sleep at night. If only part of the electricity is charged at night and 100% released during the daytime, where does the remaining energy come from? It’s borrowed from the five internal organs, our innate deposit of life energy. As a result, bad sleep is an indicator of a bad temper, and bad health conditions.
In addition, increasing deposits of positive spirits into our treasure boxes promotes human life.
Chinese characters carry great wisdom of life. Read my book to know more Chinese wisdom: https://lnkd.in/gwkkKFj